Automata: Moby Dick
Slow but steady progress is being made on this project, i have spent most of my time running around like a lunatic trying to get things done! Anyway having created a mock up of how i wanted my automata to look and hopefully function i discussed with my teacher what materials would be appropriate. Having decided that a thin plywood would be the best option and that to laser cut it would work well in transferring my design, i had to then scan in my drawings into illustrator (an unfamiliar program to me) i needed assistance in getting these sorted for the machine which became very time consuming (hence the running around!). But i got it done and here is a sneak preview of it! i am really pleased with how this looks and was worth all the time and effort. Also done a few sketches of how i might like to “decorate” my whale.